Affair anyone?

Has anyone had an affair and how did it affect your marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I did. There are a lot of "reasons", valid or not, behind what I did, but in the end it was a mistake. I let myself down and def damaged my testimony as a Christian. However, it showed me a lot about my relationship as a whole. We are still going through all the mess of it (DH cheated b/c I did) and it really wasn't worth it. My marriage was damaged before the affair, and it's even more damaged now... possibly irreversibly.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Nope. My dh and I will celebrate 20 years of monogamy on April 21st!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• No way would I have an affair. If I wanted to see another man, I'd leave my husband. Even if our relationship is HORRIBLE I wouldn't do it, It would only make it worse, and more misserable for me. I met my husband now when I was going through the divorce from my first husband, I ended up getting confused and kissed my first husband (we were still married). That has caused ENOUGH problems for our relationship, it STILL gets brought up after 3 years of marriage. He was flirting with this girl online once, too.... and I got the emails sent to me.. it really hurt... really really hurt......
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 6:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes, I've had an affair. My husband had always told me that he felt sex and love could be held seperate and for the first two years of our marriage I wondered if he would really have no problem with me sleeping with another man like he said. I finally took him up on the idea and went home with a guy I was attracted to from work... When I came home I was immediately upset and spent the next few hours crying about it... only to find out that he was just worried about whether I was okay or not, not upset that I had slept with the guy. So, I kept sleeping with the guy and before long I was spending more time with him than my husband and that is when EVERYTHING got messed up. It isn't worth the pain that can be caused to go outside your marriage for love or any other feeling that is missing. I didn't mean for it to get messed up, but it did. That was 4 years ago and sometimes it still causes pain. Thankfully we are still together
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 6:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Nope. And I'm not going to. I didn't get married so that I could have an affair. We have kids, it wouldn't be fair to them, either. They deserve to have a happy home. Cheating parents do not equal a happy home, IMO.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I have never cheated on anyone I was with. My ex husband cheated on me multiple times. He'll only admit to the one girl tho but there are others. I know how it feels to be hurt like that and I NEVER want to do that to someone else. I am now with a faithful person and am happier than I have ever been.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 8:20 PM on Mar. 22, 2010