Job to be proud of?

Have you ever thought about the job you do or the job you're training to do, and think, "Wow, when my kid starts school, s/he can be so proud to say that 'My mommy does ___!'"

I started thinking about it, and the ego boost (I know, selfish) I will get when she says it. Maybe it's just because I've worked really hard, and I want my kiddo to be proud of me. But have you ever thought about what your child thinks of your job? Are the proud? Disgusted? Ambivalent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am proud of the work I do now and the work I did when my daughter was little - I stayed at home with her for the first ten years of her life. I don't know if she appreciated it then, but now, as a teenager, she is proud of her mom's education and career.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• my son is just happy i bring him a milk shake home every now and then =) He better be damn proud of me...i buy clothes to put on his back and food to feed him.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• and for myself, i am very proud to say i feel much better waitressing than i did stripping. Its nice to not come home drunk every night. I feel heathier and i feel human
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Good for you, Shay1130! Getting out of that lifestyle is hard. Later on, your son will DEFINITELY be proud of you for it!
    Anonymous

• My kids are little so they think Im pretty cool as long as Im bringing home free food from work. Oh, and my hubby's face lights up too....LOL
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My kids have always been proud of me because I worked hard and they never went without. For me that was the mark of true pride even when I worked fastfood they were proud it says a lot.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• cna .. I wash old peoples asses. Sure my kids are proud I make good money and they get what they want.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My 3 yo already finds it pretty cool that mommy is a teacher. :)
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My son thinks my job as a hotel housekeeper is cool. I only wish that the general public would see that it isn't just scrubbing toilets and making beds. If they did, then maybe they would give the proper respect we so richly deserve! My coworkers and I do more in the first 4 hours of the shift than alot of people do all day!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 12:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2010