If the Health Care Reform bill is so great, why does Obama have to "sell" it to the American public?

I have heard news organizations say Obama now has to "sell" the plan to us. He has to "convince" us it is so wonderful and good for us. Since it is such a good idea, shouldn't we all be jumping for joy and joining the parade? Sorry - I don't feel all warm and fuzzy just yet. He mentioned last night that this was government FOR the people - then why did he push and push and push to get this through if he has to "convince" Americans? Apparently we are incapable of making good choices for our own benefit and need our all-knowing government to make them for us. Oh wait - for a minute I thought we were talking about DEMOCRATIC AMERICA - apparently we are now a socialistic society! If it were truly FOR the people, wouldn't he have listened to the people and not bribed - oops, I mean talked - reps into voting for this? As an educated American, I think I can make my own decision about this one.

mama2000_1

Asked by mama2000_1 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Quite complaining... haha
    Anonymous

• quit
    Anonymous

• As if he'd pass up a chance to campaigning. It's the only thing he knows how to do. He doesn't care if people want it or not, he just wants to get on AF1 again.
    Anonymous

• I agree with your statements, but your time would be far better spent talking to people about the mid-term election this fall and telling them not to vote for ANYONE who voted for the healthcare reform bill. That will send a very clear message to Washington that we want no part of a Socialist government - not even the health insurance that our country has been forced to accept.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Excellent question! Because the MAJORITY do NOT support his bill? Which is exactly what it is, an astronomical bill that we taxpayers, our children and grandchildren have been roped into paying, with their hostile takeover of our h/c...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Amen. If it is so great, it should have sold itself without all the crap. And, we'll complain anytime we want. It is still our right to question, demand accountability, and dissent if we must.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• He figures if he shows his cute little mug enough peole will swoon as they did when he was campaigning.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Quite complaining... haha

***
    You DO realize that if you earn more than $20,000 a year, and this plan actually goes through, that YOU'LL be paying for healthcare, right?! HA!....HA!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I agree with you, I feel like the President has said when it comes to this bill, I know better than you, and you'll see we'll give you this even though you dont want it this way, and you'll thank us later. I think the mere fact that the majority wanted congress to start over on this bill from scratch is proof enough this is not what the people want. I do believe want reform, but not the kind in this bill. I am sad to say this was not representing the people and that is a shame. But that is what elections are for, and we can choose to re-elect these representatives or choose a new representative. I have a feeling there will be alot of change coming up.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 9:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My guess is that there are a lot of morons out there. So it must be broken down to them... S-L-O-W-L-Y.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2010