I don't know what to make of this. A professor wants to meet in person to talk about my grade...

Okay, I'm taking some classes online. One of my grades is really bad in one of my classes because I've been busy and that's where I've allowed my grade to slip just in that class. Anyway...I asked the teacher if he would call me so I could talk to him about whether or not I should drop the class. He responded by saying he'd rather talk face-to-face. I told him I couldn't handle the commute to the university and let him know about my busy schedule. Well..he said he would drive to the same town I live in and meet me at a public place to talk and gave me his cell number. My husband said he probably looked up my info and found my facebook and then decided he wanted to meet me cuz i'm desparate for the grade. He thinks the guy is trying to hook-up with me. I just thought he cared about his student. What should I make of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Most professors will tell you to come to their office and if you can't then thats too bad. But to be fair I'd take hubby with me and make sure if I had any more problems that I could make it to the campus WITH a friend or my husband
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• thats weird
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 6:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• If your that concerned (not that I blame you, can't trust anyone) take your husband with you. public or not, I wouldn't go alone.
    Anonymous

• creepy
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 6:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'd say that you're over reacting. He wants to meet in public, not private. If you're that desperate to save your grade, meet up and see what you can do. If you're that weirded out, take a tape recorder. That way if he does propose sex, you can turn him in.
    Anonymous

• Why would he need to look up your info? If he's your instructor, he already has your phone number at least, if not other info.
    Anonymous

• go and take your dh
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• he thinks he looked up my info so that he could find me on a profile website so that he would know what I looked like. --OP btw I can't take my DH with me cuz he has to watch the kids. I'm not concerned or worried. I just wonder if my DH is right or not.
    Anonymous

• Take your husband with you
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• No he just wants to meet and talk about the grade. Your DH is being silly. A lot of proffessors prefer meeting face to face when dealing with struggling students. It helps them better gauge how much they are trying or if they just don't care (with body language its easier). He wants to meet in a PUBLIC place. Just be glad he is willing to meet you at all.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010