Any suggestions on muti-tasking, diet, and my weight gain!

I'm a young mom and wife and I would like suggestions on how I can juggle breast feeding, housework, cooking, projects around the house, keeping myself looking good, helping hubby with his work and projects, and staying sexy and relaxed as we are trying to conceive? I'm doing it all but I'm feeling somewhat stressed every day and what I do to de-stress is take several breaks and during these I eat the stress off, ice cream, cookies, soda, candy bars, chips. Then I feel so much better and ready to go. I eat well for the 3 meals a day I prepare so I feel that I am getting the proper nutrician .... but the problem is that I've gained 25 pounds and am still gaining. My hubby says that he loves my body even with the extra weight and he loves me a bunch. I'm not feeling bad to gain this weight ... just that I'm not sure how much moreI'll gain. Today I can't fit in most of my cloths. I find it hard to stop eating all this. Help?

CathyBean

Asked by CathyBean at 6:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• To the degree possible, try to prepare simple meals of non-processed foods (whole grains, lean proteins, and lots of vegetables and fruits). Keep healthy (rather than just convenient) snacks around that both you and your family can enjoy. Get more sleep if you can, and consider taking an occasional day off from house work (get hubby to help you for a change) to have some time for yourself (an afternoon of shopping did wonders for my stress levels!). When the baby is asleep, take some time for yourself - take a bubble bath or even a nap. If you are breast-feeding, keep it up. It's not only great for the baby, but it's the easiest way to lose baby weight. Now that spring is on its way, get out the stroller and take a walk when weather permits - exercise is a great stress reliever!

neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It's hard to stop bad eating once you get in the habit. My best advice is stop buying the junk. Tell hubby that if he wants to eat stuff like that you can buy it and he can take it to work or something like that. That's what we do at my house. Replace the junk with healthy snacks...fruit, granola bars, nuts and take a dalily multi-vitamin b/c you could be using the sugar to make up for a vitamin deficiency. Watch your calorie intake and try to de-stress with a quick exercise routine instead of snacking, like a quick walk around the block, some sit-ups, or hula hooping. Believe me, exercise is the best stress reliever. Once you get in the habit, you will love it and you will actually have even more energy to take care of your everyday responsibilities. Good luck!
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 6:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Stop buying it. If it's not in the house you can't eat it. You wouldn't let your baby eat it so don't buy it.

Have a stash of fresh fruits and veggies for snacking. When you cook meals, slice veggie sticks when you're chopping veggies. Keep dried fruit, nuts, and yogurt handy too.

Do you wear your little one? The extra load can build muscle and burn fat. My mom wears ankle and wrist weights around the house while she is doing her daily cleaning.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i run a 3 businesses and have a job and 2 kids and a hubby and i am managing to lose.. i just started on a supplement al shake for breakfast. i stopped eating the sugary cereal or full breakfast and drink this stuff..it helps give me energy and also helps my cravings go away. i love it.. good luck!
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 7:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I have a suggestion that might help. Get an excersize video made for kids and parents to do together. That way, you can keep the kids busy, and keep in shape at the same time. I hope to have helped a little bit :)
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Start healthy habits slowly...replace the junk with healthier options,drink more water and try to get some work outs in your day.It can be as small as 10 minutes a day to start.
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 7:35 AM on Mar. 23, 2010