meeting new people?

I'm a stay at home mom and I would love to get out and make some new friends. Moms around my age with small children. I just don't know where to go. We go to toddler time at the library every week and the other moms don't ever say much. I've tried to initiate conversation without success. Any suggestions?

rlhall1980

Asked by rlhall1980 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Check into Mommy and Me groups - here is their website:
    http://www.mommyandme.com/playgroup_finder/
    to find a play group. The moms spend a lot of time with each other while the children play together.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'm sort of in the same boat, my problem is that I'm not your typical mom. I'm not a Christian, and I'm quite a bit older then DH. Most people think I'm my stepsons grandmother, and yes I've had some think I am DH's mother as well. I don't really have the same interests as most of the young mom's I've met. The boys are 4 and 5, so I will probably have to wait until the little one is in school full time to be able to get a job at all. DH works nights and him watching the boys during the day is totally out of the question.
    We've lived in this area for a bit over four years and I don't have any friends here at all. A few people I've met that were his from school, but we don't hang out either. Which I guess is the same story for a lot of us here on the site. I hate to steal movie lines but - I think we're going to need a bigger boat! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You're on a website with thousands of other mothers. Just see if there are other mothers in your area.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2010