Does anyone have the Gerber Life Insurance?

I get a lot of mail regarding it and hear about it pretty often, so we were thinking about it, but were just wondering if anyone else has it and what your thoughts are on it.

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 6:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• THis is a totally unnecessary product. You do not need life insurance on your child., in my opinion. Here' s a good article though, with both points of view.

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/insurance/kids-life1.asp

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 6:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I keep getting those, despite the fact that my "baby" will turn 21 in a few weeks. I'd never thought about it to be honest, we never had any extra money for that sort of thing.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 6:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• sadly yes :( no parent wants to do it! I was a single mom with two boys and knew I couldn't afford anything if something *cringes even saying this*.. well you know. so I did take out one small policy from globe life for $5000 each, then they turn 21 it doubles to 10,000. I used each other as benifacy I couldn't use myself!! I pay $22 a year for it. my husband and I also have large amount policies $250,000 each. ..my daugther 20mos I haven't gotten one on her but I will and name her brothers the benfianarys.
    Anonymous

• I have a Gerber policy for my DD. It's something she can use to her own benefit when she hits 21. The Gergber policy is VERY affordable.

No one wants to think about something happening to their child either, BUT if god forbid it ever did, you want FUNERAL COSTS taken care of. You do NOT want that stress on your mind. I think LI is important for ANYONE.

Anonymous

• We have life insurance on ourselves & son but through another company. The main reason is to cover funeral costs & have money to live off of for as long as it takes for my husband to go back to work should something happen. I couldn't imagine losing a child & my husband only getting a few days off to grieve then back to work because we have bills to pay.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2010