Could it be postpartum depression?

Hi everyone. I just had my baby about 5 months ago. I have no desire of intimacy with my husband. I hate the way that I look. I look in the mirror sometimes & get frustruated with myself because I can't stand the way I look when I try to dressup. I sometimes even regret getting pregnant with this second child because I feel like I don't deserve to be her mother. I feel that my baby doesn't love me & that I don't spend enough time with her & my son who is 6 years old because of work. I just feel terrible sometimes I just don't have the will power to get up & get ready for work. Has anyone ever felt this way & if so how did you deal with it. I have no close friends to talk to about this & I feel like no one in my family would understand what Im going through.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Health

• those are all normal feeling, but if they get in the way of bonding with your children, or if they effect your desire to live or anything to the extreme...even if it's bad body image, go to your doctor or OB and talk to him/her about this. There's nothing wrong with being depressed. There are many mom's that go through this, and you shouldn't be ashamed. I felt like this and from time to time, I still do. Best of luck girly...xoxoxo huge hugs!
    Anonymous

• Yes. You are depressed. I don't know if it would be considered postpartum at this point, but depression is depression and you need to be treated. Get some help, for your sake and your family's.
    Anonymous