Birth Control after having a baby....

Okay so I'm on the depo-shot and I had a baby back in August. I don't know if its the shot or what but I have not had a "Normal" period since Thanksgiving and I was just wondering if any one else that has gone on birth control after having a baby have had their regular monthly FLOW.....

lilangel_4206

Asked by lilangel_4206 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• after i had my son in may 09, i got a mirana IUD. I havent had a period since i got pregnant with my son, aug 2008!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I didn't go on BC after DD was born, I had an IUD placed, but I haven't had a period either, if you're breastfeeding that will cause it to be light or to stop sometimes, either way, after a baby your period is usually kind of sluggish in getting back to normal, I would say if it worries you, talk to your doctor.
    Anonymous

• it doesnt really worry me because I have talked to a doctor and they say its normal. I am still breastfeeding and my baby is now 7 months old.
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 7:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Periods can be delayed. I got on the patch afterwards, and that regulated my periods, but they are lighter.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 6:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010