Teething...ASAP answer

please give me some secrets what to due, my daughter is teething and its so rouf i cryed today. and not because she was sad but because i couldnt do anything to make her stop hurting/being upset.
Iv tryed the hylands tablet,s nite time&daytime teething gel. the bath calm's her but i cant leave her in all day unforniually. please whats some secrets?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• tylenol and motrin!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• tylenol and motrin... one time when dd was teething HORRIBLY bad that she'd been crying for day (she was getting her 4 i teeth at once!) my dad put a drop of whiskey on his finger and rubbed it on her gums. Amazingly that did the trick!!! That one time was enough for her to pop all 4 of those teeth through and no more pain.... otherwise I was going to say teething tablets but it looks like you've tried that. A cold washcloth helps too..... hope she feels better!!!
    Anonymous

• tylenol and a good teething ring
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• tylenol .. that seems to be the only thing that really helps my daughter .. she hated the teething rings ..
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 7:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I would freeze a wet washcloth and let my dd suck on that.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 7:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• With my babies I used a wet wash cloth that I froze in a zip lock bag then let them chew it as a teething ring. It seemed to help alot. Also my aunt who is a PA told me to do tylenol then 2 hrs later motrin since they are two different types of medicine it won't hurt your baby and it doesn't get a chance to wear off. This seemed to help.
    nautired

Answer by nautired at 7:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• tylenol and motrin. Teething gels are a joke. They only last a few minutes(if you are lucky). I only got the gel to give to my babies while waiting for the tylenol or motrin to kick in.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 7:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• oh, this is one reason i am a big fan of breastfeeding, it takes away that helpless feeling when our lo's aren't feeling well. i was so excited when i weaned my tiwns at 15 mos, then regretted it when they were getting their 2 yo molars.
    i am sorry for what you and your daughter are going through :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• "oes the liquar thing work? she is getting 2 on the top and 2 on bottom. im tempted to try it. i herd you do just a lil rum , like next to nothin. any idea's anybody

NO LIQUOR!!!! No no...Tylenol and earplugs...for you!

Answer by gdiamante at 8:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes a little whiskey or rum can help if you up to giving it a try. I actually prefer using the cholroseptic max and squirting a bit on the gums and it works like a charm. The screaming stops instantly. I also use Motrin and an ice cube wrapped in a washcloth tied off with a pony tail holder. I send my LO to bed with it and she goes right to sleep with it in her mouth.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2010