How early can your body conceive when you ovulate?

I read that the egg implants within a day so u have implantation bleeding, if any,within 3 days but other sources say it's around the time you start your period. Ugh so confusing! Can someone clear this up for me?

I ovulated Friday had unprotected sex Thursday night and I'm still very crampy on n off. I'm just wondering if it's possible the sperm swam really fast and I conceived already lol. Help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the egg is only viable for so long after you ovuate (some sources say 12-24 hours, others say up to 48 hours). then 1 to 3 days for implantation. byt the time your period is supposed to come (about 2 weeks after ovulation, depending on your cycle) the egg has been implanted for quite some time, if you did indeed concieve. so if you are certain you ovulated on thursday, the egg would have been fertilzed friday, maybe saturday.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• oh and most pregnancy tests say they can pick it up at 10 days past ovulation
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Once you ovulate the egg is good for approximately 72 hours. Sperm can live for around the same amount of time. HOWEVER it takes a fertilized egg approximately one week to travel down the fallopian tubes for implantation. Once implanted it takes about another week for the placenta to throw out enough hcg hormone to register on a test. <--- This information comes from the book we are using to become medical assistants. So I hope it can be trusted or we're all in trouble when we graduate.
    Anonymous

• oh and not everyone has this "implantation bleeding" so I wouldn't be looking for it.
    Anonymous