Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has this ever happened to you...

Accidentally eating mold? My dh leaves things out of the fridge for hours or days hidden just cause he puts it there so I don't get mad then forgets and then when he remembers he puts it back in the fridge. So I was eating a cheese crisp w/ salsa and half way through realised the salsa had mold hidden in the middle. Now I have been reassured I wont get ill or die, but I can't stop trowing up and just feeling sick sick to my stomach.
Would this tick you off? and Has it ever happened to you?

 
hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 26 (29,263 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • Ohh Yes! One time when I was younger and lived back at my parents house. We had just got back from getting fire wood and it was myself, my mother, and my hubby (bf at the time). It was a REALLY hot summer day, so I decided I would run in the house and get a glass of Ice tea for all of us. Before I went outside to give everyone else their glasses of tea I started chugging mine down, and come to find out I was drinking chunks of mold. My mom had it on the counter to dump it out... I started puking, it was disgusting. But I'm glad it was me and not my husband, seeing as how he is deathly allergic to mold!
    ali_1107

    Answer by ali_1107 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • yeah,dove into a bowl of pudding to find the bottom was all moldy! I didn't throw up,but I washed my mouth out a million times!
    TMJ121099

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • ew,no thank God! I would die puking. I am weird about eating things from open containers,makes a lot of waste I know,lol. If all the salsa isn't eaten when I first open it,I'll put it in the fridge and if noone else uses it within a couple days(and I know I won't touch it again,trust me,lol) I toss it. Same with stuff like pickles,cottage cheese,sour cream...you name it. I don't kow exactly why but it just has always grossed me out. Maybe something happened to me in a past life and I've blacked it out,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • I usually see it before I bite into it. My mom tends to leave things in the fridge for a long time and takes it out weeks later with mold growing out of it. Freaks my dad out cuz he hates the mold. But I wash the dishes so it's pretty gross when i have to empty this crap cuz no one else will.
    NikLvsNick

    Answer by NikLvsNick at 8:03 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • If something is left out is goes immediately in the trash. I came home one day from work and found the new home for the milk was the kitchen counter. It was still cool but I dumped it any way. If something is forgotten by either of us it is in the trash.
    coala

    Answer by coala at 9:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2010