can we survive another one?

A conservative blogger is being investigated by the Secret Service after he called for the assassination of President Obama on Twitter, hours before the House of Representatives passed the controversial health care reform bill.

"ASSASSINATION! America, we survived the Assassinations and Lincoln & Kennedy. We'll surely get over a bullet to Barrack Obama's head," wrote one Twitter user, who goes by the handle Solly Forell, and identifies himself as a conservative blogger and "'authentic' African American." Soon after the first post, Forell tweeted another message actively encouraging someone with a "clear shot" to kill the president.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• People talk crap. I am sure many said this about Bush. Why was it not a big deal then?
    Gah people need to just grow up already. It is one thing not agreeing with him but that crap is just stupid.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Idiots abound on ALL sides :) You judge ALL repubs by this idiot and I have few code pink types to introduce you too!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I believe that is a crime, right??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:55 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I believe that is a crime, right??^^

Yes it is a crime to threaten the presidents life.

Anonymous

• I dont agree with what is going on in Washington. I havent in a while, and I feel it is getting much worse. With that, I think it is horrible to call for people to assasinate the President. That is so wrong. Violence is not the answer. I am sorry to hear that was said. Just because you do not agree with someone does not mean they need to be killed. It scares me truthfully, because it seems like every day on the news someone is calling for a revolution, or something like this. I do agree the system is broken, but I feel like we should ban together in nonviolent protests. Violence sets a bad precedent to be followed. The fact that our representatives in Washington are not listening to us does need to be addressed, including the President, but in a respectful, non violent manner. I dont want my daughter to learn that violence is the way to go.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 9:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• HOLY SHIT.

That's bad. I don't care whether he's conservative or liberal, you just don't make thoughts like that public. It's no secret that people think those things every single day, but to publish it? What, did he think people would just agree and laugh it off?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Whatever, it wasn't like he had the resources to do so. How many times to we tell our husbands children friends that we're going to kill them because of their behavior? Often and how many of us are facing murder charges? He's a dumb ass but come lets be realistic he's not going to write on the internet to kill the president if he was a serious threat.
    Anonymous

• :22- Yeah, because there are no crazy, impulsive idiots in this country. Crazies do not follow the rules of logic-

Anonymous

• It was a stupid thing to put on TWITTER of all things!!!! A lot of people agree with the sentiment, but, the reality is, I do NOT want that to happen! As much as I don't like O's policies, I do NOT want BIDEN to be Pres!!!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 10:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My opinions may get me arrested so I plead thwe 5th. However My beef w/ obama is his intelligence, I don't give a shit if his blue, pink, purple, or orange.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2010