The insurance company is denying a hospital test that was done What should I do?

I have filled a greivance with the insurance company and I have contacted the Doctor. I the Doctors Office is not getting back with me and they want to run more test and this test that was done was 34,000. Please any suggestions. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Health

• Not all tests are covered by insurance. It even states that in the papers you sign before treatment that if a test is not covered by your insurance you are responsible for the bill

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Review your policy and appeal the decision.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:37 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• wait and pray on the reform!!!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I agree with Mrs.Owen. Insurance doesn't always cover 100% of all costs. If it's not covered under your policy you can TRY to appeal it but it usually takes extenuating circumstances from them to reverse the decision. You very well could be paying this bill. As the one receiving services, the onus is on you to know your policy and question the necessity of any testing not specifically covered under it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2010