emergency maintance?

I love my apartment, I hate the people that work here. When I had a few minor problems a while back it took a million calls all spaced out before maintnace cmae to deal with it. Well I called the mainatnace line a little while ago becasue it is HOT in my apt. It was this morn so I turned on the ac and left it on while I was at work. I came home to a HOT box. The temp gauge says 80 - it has to be AT LEAST that. I am on the couch sweating. I have tried turning it off and having nothing turned on , and now I have the AC set to 62. Either way no improvement. Is this considered emergency mainanance that I have a right to expect them to come out tonght? Should I call back if no one is here soon? My son and I are not going to be able to sleep with it this hot inside.
Thanks!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It's only considered an emergency if it's over a certain temperature and the ac isn't working. At my old apartment we didn't have a working heater for all of this past winter and it got below freezing here. They just flat out refused to fix the problem.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• That is annoying, but I wouldn't consider that an emergency. Can you open the windows and turn on a fan?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It magically fixed its self this morn.
    But no I live on the bottom floor of an apartment building, I just don't fell safe leaving the windows open over night while we are sleeping. But love having them open during the day.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2010