How do you dry your makeup brushes after you shampoo and condision them?

I have some brushes i just bought for $60 and they will last forever as long as they are shampooed and condisioned. But do i let them air dry or blow dry them? what do you do?

dkej242

Asked by dkej242 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I used to sell Mary Kay. And how I learned to clean my brushes is with alcohol. I soak them for a bit, then wipe them on a paper towel. Soak them and wipe them until it wipes clean. Then rinse with water. If you wear make up on a daily basis you can clean the brushes weekly. The reason to use alcohol? Soap (not sure about shampoo or conditioner, never heard of using those) can break down the glue holding them together. But then I lay them flat to dry and brush them on my hand when dry.
    And using alcohol kills the germs and bacteria. I have been using the same set of brushes for about 4 and a half years now and they are still wonderful.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I let mine air dry after shampoo and conditioner.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:48 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I always just blot the excess moisture out, then stand them up to dry in a cup. Some people lay them flat, but I prefer standing.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 9:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• The best way to dry them is to set them flat on a counter but with the bristles hanging off the edge so that the air can get all around the bristles.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2010