Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

grrr i wish there was something i can do about the crazy drivers on my street...?

i live on the edge of town and its field on one side and residential on the other. we have these young punk kids come out here with there trucks and do burn outs cookies and race. im sick of the noise and worried that someones kid or dog may get hit. i called the cops a couple of times when we had close calls to accidents but the cops dont seem to care. we have steep ditches on both sides of the i can see someone rolling their car, a kid poppin out from the ditch(or animal, we also have lots of deer we frequently visit my back yard in the evenings and early morning) or have someone drive into my living room...


Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Are you within city limits? Could you contact town hall or whatever and complain?

    Answer by jamesmommy12 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • Find something that looks like a radar gun and sit outside with it?

    Call or write to your mayor's office and ask about what it would take to get speed bumps on your street.

    Also call the local news and see if they will do a story about the unsafe driving on your street.


    Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • I agree with calling your city about installing speed bumps. I like the radar gun idea too. I was gonna say throw eggs at them but that's probably not the smartest nor the most effective method. Just sounds like fun :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • I was thinking throw some roofing nails in the road (not I EVER would have done that in the blind curve that I live on to get people to slow down) but I think Jairatraci had good ideas :)

    Answer by Slinkee at 10:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • I am sorry your having this problem !

    i have to agree with the other's ideas ( calling the news and even the nails ! )

    good luck

    Answer by glamomomo at 10:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • video tape them in the act and send the video to the news and police dept.

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2010