i have iregular periods... but never gone this long without one... my last one was in november, negative test last month is there still a chance i could be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you have PCOS?
    Anonymous

• have not been diagnosed but sure have symptoms, and I have been trying to lose weight since i know thats one of the main reasons pcos happens, i was 195 @ my highest and now @ 176.6 lbs 5'4 in height
    Anonymous

• Congrats on the weight loss! I think it's possible, but I would test again. I have PCOS and I only get a period on my own about once a year, so I test every month if I'm not on the pill.
    Anonymous

• I also have not had my period since november ,.... I took a test in january and last week and I am not.... this is also the longest I have went without one ( well besides when i was pregnant lol) ...I also have PCOS...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i wanted to ask something to the other ladies who said they have PCOS....especially the one who said she only has one on her own ---- are you suppose to go to the DR if you havent had it in awhile?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Anon 10:14 here. Yes, you should go to the Dr if you haven't had a period in a while.
    Anonymous

• I took have irregular periods. The only reason i has one last month is because my dr had me take peovera. Well I still haven't had one this month which is normal for me I suppose. I've taken a few hpts and had a blood test and I'm not pregnant unfortunately. So if its been that long probably not pregnant. Sorry hon i understand how you feel. GL.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• You most likely aren't pregnant, but you should see your doctor if it's been 3 or more months since your last period. I have always had irregular periods (not caused by PCOS), and my doctor recommends I take progesterone every 3rd month if I don't have a period on my own. Also, if you are TTC with irregualr period it is a very good idea to visit with your doctor and at least have a few basic blood tests. It may be that something is just a little out of whack and you need a little help getting your hormones back inline. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2010