Baby name problem...

I'm not sure if I placed this under the right category...but..

My SO are hoping to start trying for a baby soon. I'd like a boy since I already have a girl. The dilema is this. My honey's name is Matthew Brian. I love love love his name..but his nephew's name is his middle. So we can't have junior. It'd be too confusing, and I don't want people to think I'm 'taking an idea'. His brother's name is Howard..I'm not a fan of that name. lol..His dad is George Lewis. Not a fan of that either..AH! I know I have PLENTY of time. But I'm just thinking ahead! My honey goes by Matt...Maybe we could just call our son...Matthew?! But I still think it'd be confusing!

Kaydens_mommy06

Asked by Kaydens_mommy06 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • First, you are putting the cart before the horse ... you are not even pregnant and you are already getting flustered over naming a baby boy? You may have another girl.

Second, give the child a name of its own. You can use Matthew as a middle name if you prefer.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Why not just give baby his own name...then it won't be confusing. He will be the lone one with it in the family. LOL I know it isn't what your looking for, but, it's what i would do.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You can always look up other names that are Matthew from other languages. Like my son Liam is named after his daddy William. Liam is the Irish form of William.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• well I was confused by...is his nephew named Brian or is it that his nephews middle name is mathew.....

either way, just go ahead and name him that, it isnt like the nephew will be around everyday to be too confused lol

in my family my husband and my brothers name is Chris, my daughters name is Crslynn ( chris-lynn) and SIL is christine.... no one gets that confused lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:21 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• use initials. My oldest ds is Rylie Shannon (after his uncle Richard Shannon) and my youngest is Waylon Paul (after my dad William Paul). They each have their own name but they were named with someone special in mind!
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 10:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• His nephew is Brian Lewis. After my SO's dad.

Neebug, I'm not flustered. if we have a girl, we already have a name picked out. We just don't know what to do about the boy name. lol.

JAIRATRACI, I like the idea of finding other orgins of Matthew..or even Brian. My SO is Irish, so I might look into that! Thanks!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 22, 2010