Can my 1 year old eat shrimp?

I am fixing shrimp for dinner and I was wondering if my 1 y.o. DD can eat it? The shrimp is by itself, but are there allergy dangers where seafood shouldn't be given until older age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They say to wait untill they are at least a year old, so you are are good there. There first time eating anything with common allergies such as seafood, peanuts ect. to only give a very small amount the first time and see if there is a reaction.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I am not really sure about the allergies....but I have given my 1 y/o son (popcorn) shrimp a few times and he liked it and we had no problems....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• As long as it's fully cooked and she doesn't hav any other food allergies I think it'd be ok.
    Anonymous

• We gave our son shrimp, a couple pieces of it at around 12 or 13 months. He also loves fish. If there is a reaction you will know. It's not like you are giving him a lot of it. Just give him a piece or 2 and see how it goes.
    Anonymous

• Thanks everyone =)
    Anonymous