Jealous - But not!

I have a 20 month old who I love to death but keeps me more than occupied! I have a cousin who has a son the same age as mine and is 5 months pregnant with her next. No way in hell would I want another one yet (I think I'd go insane) but at the same time I am somewhat jealous that she's having another one. How can I be jealous of something I don't even want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Baby blues... the sooner you get over it, the better! :-)
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I am like that too -- I have 2 kids , when i wanted 1, someone would get pregnant and i would want another.......now when i see someone pregnant or with little baby, I want #3 lol..... I think ( atleast for me) it just makes me miss the baby times
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:09 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• we are on #4...and we know that's our limit. I don't have a desire to have any more children after this one, so I think it might just be your internal need to have more children. Believe me though, when I say, you'll know when your done! lol Guess your not done quite yet! lol
    Anonymous

• I have five kids 8, 6, 5, 4, 13 months and I get jealous of pregnant mom and moms of new babies. We aren't done but, we aren't having anymore kids anytime soon. I guess I'm just strange.
    Anonymous

• I didnt get "baby fever" after DS1 until DF and I got together... then *poof* we were prego. We lost that baby at 6 weeks, and two of my friends were due just a few months later around the same time (literally, when one was being discharged from the hospital, the other one was checkin in) - the baby fever got the best of me and DS2 was conceived. Then one of those friends popped up prego again and my little sister had a baby... so DS3 came along. I miss being pregnant, I miss the "baby" stage... but IDK if I want to do it again. Now that DS3 is going into "toddler phase" (he will be a year old on 4/13) I do miss babies. My sis has a small baby (3 1/2 mo) and every time I get "that feeling" I just call her. "Hey, sis, let me hear abby scream so I can stop wanting a baby..." *Sigh* My niece is a redhead and definitely has the temperment!
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• baby fever, had it when my duaghter was 6 months but glad i didnt have one at the same time i thik i would go nuts as well but i did get pregnant when my daughter was a year and now my kids are 20 minths apart and im diff going nuts, damn BC didnt work but i love my kids either way
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yah, it's called baby fever. You miss the baby baby stuff. Just remember all the sleepless nights, the feedings every 2-3 hours, constantly changing diapers, spit-up, etc. then you will remember why having a baby right now will make you crazy. Just borrow her baby...you can at least give that one back. ;) LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My DS is just 6 months and I've been jealous of pregnant women since the first one I saw after he was born! LOL! I love being pregnant and giving birth. But I'm definitely not ready. Still, when I see a pregnant lady.......
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:38 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• The allure of pregnancy is strong.. but just remember the aftermath- poopy spitty baby, screaming infant stage, sleepless nights, ,and you'll remind yourself of all the reasons to NOT have another one.
    I got baby fever when DD was 5 months and went off my birth control. Now I have 2 kids 20 months apart and am driving myself crazy (littlest one is only 3 weeks old). Fight it..
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• The jealousy isn't about having another baby, it's about being pregnant and getting the attention you receive when you are pregnant. That's what you're jealous of. Some mothers actually get jealous of their baby after they have it, because now the baby is getting the attention that use to be showered upon the pregnant mother. It's normal, but don't let the feelings take you over or get out of control. And do not get pregnant again just because you want attention, LOL! Really, it's normal and will subside in time, just keep the feelings in check is all.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010