help! my 2yo will only eat ramen noodles!

my daughter is a very picky eater. she only likes to eat soup-ish things. like ramen noodles or whatever stew my mom cooks up. (i'm not good at cooking soup-ish things... ) if i place anything dry in front of her, she'll only pick at it but won't eat enough to sustain her. i make her ramen noodles at least once a day just to make sure she gets something in her stomach, but i really wish she'd eat something else. but i feel so bad because i know there is no nutritional content in what she's eating. does anyone have any tips or advice on how to get her to eat more nutritional things (soup or dry) or if anyone has any healthy soup recipes for me. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah, don't offer it to her. She won't starve herself. That stuff is horrible for a kid, there is just too much sodium. Don't offer it, and just offer her food that actually has nutritional value. She'll eventually eat it when she gets hungry.
    Anonymous

• I agree with PP...only put healthy nutritious food in front of her. She will not starve, but, as it is she may get sick from lack of vitamin variety. She will eventually just eat because she has no choice. Don't let her fill up on milk or juice either.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My sons love progresso chicken noodle and chicken and wild rice. I get the low sodium ones or the low fat. They both have veggies in them.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:40 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• start adding things to them. my son LOVES them noodles, but they are loaded with sodium. I usually added carrots, or hotdogs
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I agree don't offer the noodles( just hid them or stop buying them) to her only offer her healthily food she'll eat when shes hungry..
    give her pedisure until she eats better. here is a web site for easy soup recipes-
    www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...easy-soups-1.../index.html
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:43 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Also with my son who does like ramen I add peas and carrots to them. I also add shrimp to them sometimes. Also try adding only half the seasoning packet.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:52 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Getting "something into her stomach" is no good when, like you said, there's not nutritional value. I'm really convinced that kids only have as much power as you give them when it comes to food, and they can use it to manipulate you. Provide you child with ONLY nutritious food. She might fight it, but she won't starve herself. Sooner or later, she'll learn to eat healthy. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My husband does the most amazing thing to Ramen noodles! He adds shredded carrot, chicken and or tofu (that's been cooked), spinach, scallions, mushrooms and water chestnuts to it. He uses half the seasoning packet. It's the only way I can stand to eat that crap!

Your other option is to stop serving it to her completely and only offer healthier foods.
    Anonymous