What's your opinion on this?

I read an article about a phone app coming out that assists immigrants illegally crossing the border in finding safe houses, water stations, and monitors the whereabouts of border patrol agents. Seems a little....I don't know...ILLEGAL to me. I just can't seem to find sympathy for those who suffer in the desert while committing federal crimes. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh Lord! Prepare for the pro-amnesty crowd to take this in another direction. Good luck on this one.

IMO, technology that brings instant information to the tip of your fingers is both good and bad. If this country keeps going deeper in debt like it's been going for a while they may just have to make an app for those same illegals trying to find their way back home.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:46 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think it's bs.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• This is what I had read about it. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/dec/29/ucsd-faculty-working-on-gps-to-support-illegal/
    Faculty at the University of California San Diego are developing a GPS-enabled cell phone that tells dehydrated migrants where to find water and pipes in poetry from phone speakers, regaling them on their journey much like Emma Lazarus’ words did a century ago to the “huddled masses yearning to breathe free” on Ellis Island.

I am sure that if an illegal was caught with such a device those that developed it could be charged with assisting in trafficking illegals.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I heard about this a while ago. I am torn on this. I don't think it is right that people should die in the desert, when they don't have to. On the other hand, it is a risk they are taking to SNEAK INTO A FOREIGN COUNTRY!! I don't understand WHY we can't enforce the LAWS that we already have on the books! I would rather the people survive, and get DEPORTED BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM. If it is so bad where they are, they can immigrate into the US the correct way, the legal way, the way OUR ancestors did, for crying out loud.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:07 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Electronic coyote!
    Anonymous

• O.M.G. Do you really think that it exists? Do you believe everything you see/ hear?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

***

Like, totally...especially when it's like reported by like an NBC affiliate in like totally cool L.A.!!  LOL

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Border-Crossing-App-Could-Be-Ready-By-Summer-LA-80284872.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I read an article about a phone app coming out that assists immigrants illegally crossing the border in finding safe houses, water stations, and monitors the whereabouts of border patrol agents.

Where did you find this article? The only thing I've seen on this is that it helps locate water stations - NOT safe houses and the locations of border patrol.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Well then, the ultra advanced folks in our US intelligence agencies should be working on equipment and interference technology to intercept and divert the App signals. Seems like this new app would make it easier for Border Patrol to snare the illegal imm's if they had the technology to intercept the signals. It might just make their jobs easier! IDK, but its sounds feasible.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Where did you find this article? The only thing I've seen on this is that it helps locate water stations - NOT safe houses and the locations of border patrol.

It was in the San Diego Union Tribune.
    Anonymous