If my cervix is open can anything come out when I push to use the bathroom?

It's just this stupid fear I've had....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• actually, it is NOT recommended to push at all when using the bathroom, pregnant or not. And it's definitely a no-no if you are dilated. The baby won't come out, but the pushing can cause baby to push on your cervix causing swelling, same reasons why you shouldn't push while in active labor unless fully dilated.
    Anonymous

• LOL sorry for laughing but that's a funny thought! Do you mean if you are just a few cm dialated? If that's the case I really don't think so. A baby can't fit thru there no matter how hard you push! Plus, you woudn't be experiencing the contractions needed to give birth.
    Anonymous

• Can "anything" come out? Well, if you have a golf ball up there it might..... If you're worried about the baby coming out, well, that's childbirth, and you'll probably have plenty of warning before the baby does. Although, believe it or not, lots of babies are born in toilets!
    Anonymous

• nope.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:30 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• No. I always wondered about that too. I was SO constipated during my second pregnancy that sometimes I would be on the toilet for an hour or more.

My cervix did swell a few times and it hurt because of it but the baby didn't come until after MANY hours of labor!
    Anonymous