Can someone explain why this healthcare bill is a BAD thing?

I'm not political at all. I'm not understanding why people are so pissed off about it though. It seems like a good thing to me....I don't get it. Will someone explain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly - nobody knows why it's good or bad. At this point it is all opinions. There are some things about it that sound good and others that sounds not so good but we'll all have to just wait and see how everything turns out. Don't take other people's opinion as fact. PLEASE.
    Anonymous

• You are required by law to pay for insurance whether you need it or not. If you refuse, you pay a fine and if you refuse the fine you get an IRS fine for $15,000 and go to jail. Meanwhile everyone's insurance costs that they are required by law to pay will be higher than they are now, and inflation will rise (that means the prices you pay for everything go up) as companies try to pass on their increased costs to consumers. Employers are no longer required to provide insurance, so at any moment, your employer can either make you pay the full price (thousands of dollars a month) for your current insurance or drop the option altogether and pay their own fine instead. Drug prices have already started to climb in preparation of these changes. You are required to pay for full coverage that covers everything. If you are a single father with 3 teenage sons you are still required to pay for family medical w/ MATERNITY coverage.
    Anonymous

• Don't take other people's opinion as fact. PLEASE.

Don't assume that just because some people are too lazy to read the bills other people have not.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:14 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Read the bill yourself. YOU need to be the judge of what is good and what is bad. Request time with your Representative. An email, etc to explain WHY they voted for it.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

You are still not psychic, or are you? You are a perfect example of people running around spreading their biased opinion. I've seen you answer every question related to this bill.
    Anonymous

• I've seen you answer every question related to this bill.

I answered all the questions posted while I wasn't home tonight? Damn I really am amazing. Your penchant for exaggeration is doing nothing for your credibility. Meanwhile, what I've posted is from the senate bill and reconciliations passed over the weekend. You can find them posted online. Check your local rep's website for a link to them. Don't blame me for your laziness or illiteracy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Your penchant for exaggeration is doing nothing for your credibility.

It's an anon.. They don't have credibility.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I answered all the questions posted while I wasn't home tonight? Damn I really am amazing. Your penchant for exaggeration is doing nothing for your credibility. Meanwhile, what I've posted is from the senate bill and reconciliations passed over the weekend. You can find them posted online. Check your local rep's website for a link to them. Don't blame me for your laziness or illiteracy.

Because insulting others is doing SO much for your own credibility. Keep up the good work there.
    Anonymous

• I'm not asking for people to tell me if it's good or bad. Just some facts.
    Anonymous

• I'm not asking for people to tell me if it's good or bad

You ask a question why this healthcare bill is a BAD thing? but then you say you are NOT asking for answer to if it is good or bad?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 22, 2010