Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wedding might be off, do to another baby on the way

I just found out i was pregnant with my 2nd baby, i already have a one year old and it is too much for me to handle. My husband to be doesn't want any more at this piont. But i don't believe in abortions. He wants me to get one but i'm standing my ground. Besides child support are there any other programs that i can apply for to help me take care of my children if he decides to leaves me? I'm hoping that he comes to his senses if not there will be no wedding, I'll just be a single mother. i work but i dont make enough to take care of me and my son let alone another baby. Just wanna get a head start on things just in case we part. i live in PA i jiust moved here not to long ago, not to familair with the programs here any advice?

Answer Question

Asked by MomAsia at 11:56 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

Level 4 (49 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Why in the hell would you be with a piece of shit who wants you to murder your child?? You should leave him.

    Answer by ArkTech at 11:58 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

  • I would leave him.. he doesn't sound very supportive or like he shares your values which is very important in a marriage. You can always look up your state's social services website or call 2-1-1 to find resources in your area. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you.

    Answer by kristal2146 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • Public Assistance is all I know. I'm guessing you have to go that route to get insurance for the pregnancy anyway.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • All I can say is I hope he comes around. Maybe he is terrified of another baby and the responsibility. I know it doesn't take away the fact that he wants you to have an abortion, but I don't think the answer is to leave him. Maybe getting to the bottom of it will help work things out.

    Answer by avasmamma632 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • First off if he didn't want anymore kids he should've wrapped his dick up! But good for your for standing your ground! No guy is worth giving up your kids, or putting them before your kids. I'm not from PA but I'm sure you can google something like public assistance in PA on google, and see what you can find. Good luck :)

    Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 2:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • Im from PA u need to go to ur local county assistance office n apply for ALL benifits ex medical cash food stamps then u need to go to ur local wic office (women infant child program) they will help with food for u n ur kids then call cys now many people know it but they will pay certain bills one time n ret u up with child care also call ur state reps office they can give u phone numbers for local charities

    Answer by rainmommy at 5:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • I'm pro-choice, and I applaud your decision to stand your ground if you don't want to end the pregnancy!
    I think you are being very smart to see about your rights and to make sure you can care for your children.

    adoption is of course a option of you don't feel you can keep the baby, but there might be programs to help if you do decide to keep your child.

    I wish you lots of luck!
    you sound like a good strong woman-
    I hope that you and your SO work things out- and you may, abortion is legal and it sounds like he's being honest about how he feels.
    Try to work it out if you can, if you can't, then you can't.
    I hope for good things for you!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.