How to minimize anxiety as I head back to work?

I' headed to work... next week and , well, am a bit stressed about how much I will miss my baby girl who is 10 months old.... any clues?

I guess what worries me most is that she's not good at falling asleep with anyone but me (and her dad at times) she falls asleep on the BOOB mostly or if she's really tired, on dadda's shoulders... I've tried training her and have let her cry a few times (I'm a sucker and wont let her cry for more than 10 or so minutes) ... anyway, I'm sure she'll figure it out, but the worry on my part, I dont' know how to control it.. :(

DAMARYSZAMPINI

Asked by DAMARYSZAMPINI at 11:57 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im not help on this one. I had to go back to work when my daughter was 2 mths old. But Im going to say this. I had no choice but to go back to work. Im a single mommy so my income was the only income. I didnt worry because I couldnt worry. But I do understand. Your baby is 10 months old and believe me when I say she will do better than you think. Its us mommies who are worry warts not the baby. That baby will eventually get hip to the schedule and learn new sleep patterns. She will eventually break out of it and learn to by herself. Im not sure if someone is watching your child or she is going to a child care center, but whomever she is with you are leaving her there because you trust them to care for her so trust that they will know how to soothe and comfort her when she is sleepy and wants mommy boob to lay on.
    Stop worrying.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• She'll do better than you will! Out of sight is out of the infant mind for the most part; if she's sleepy she'll go to sleep.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I went back to work part time a week after my baby was born. She doesn't like it when I go but her daddy and she work it out even if that means she blubbers in his arms. They have their own sleep protocol. She'll fall asleep on daddy shoulder. It is cute.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2010