My health is so poor and im only 36 I have a few questions about back surgerys

I really dont think that I will find anyone that has been through what I have but I am a mother of 15 year old twins,and I have just undergone my 15th back surgery.I feel so depressed sometimes that I cant do the same things for my kids that I used to be able to do.I rel;y on my husband (their dad),for everything these days.Is it even possible to retrain my brain and force myself to want to become active again?I cant imagine spending the rest of my life like this,even though my kids are very understanding and helpful,I just wish I could do more.If anyone understands what im talkin about please let me know.Thank you so much

Dakota220

Asked by Dakota220 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Health

• I don't understand but two friends have recently had back surgery and they shared their total depression and frustration so I can imagine how awful 15 is. I'm sorry. How long is your road to recovery expected to be? All I can say is that you don't like where you are RIGHT NOW so getting better and stronger is your only option. Accept that you can't do it all, accept help when you need it. It is okay and that is why we have family. You have done for your kids and I'm sure your husband and needing help again is okay. Seriously, dig down, pray and take it one day at a time but keep working at it. It'll be worth it. Good luck : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Sorry your going through such a hard time. I am 37 and just had my first back surgery this year. It was horrible. I can't imagine 15. It is hard to have other people doing things for you that you used to be able to do. I guess all I can say is take it slow. Just try to do one small thing new everyday. Change won't happen overnight. I was so frustrated after surgery because the recovery was so slow. Three months after I felt nearly the same as the first day after surgery. Now it's been 4 months and I am finally seeing some change. Hang in there momma, the twins need you. :)

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Thank you so much that actually made me feel better,I hear that so much but ive never been able to accept help I have always done for myself and now im having to rely on people and I hate it.My road to recovery is very long and I know that but I have lost almost all energy and I dont know how to change that.All of these surgerys have also caused numerous health problems expecially with my bladder,and that is completly humiliating to me because now on top of a crappy back I now have the bladder of a 90 year old woman.Aside from that my kids are amazing they are both in high school and honor students and never been in any trouble in their lives so that takes alot of stress off of me.
    Dakota220

Answer by Dakota220 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Im sorry you had to go through a back surgery,but im so glad that you are feeling better.And im glad that you may only need to have one because most people have 3-5 back surgeries.so I pray for you that you are the exception.
    Dakota220

Answer by Dakota220 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If it wasn't for my daughter I don't think I would ever get up out of bed. I would have lost my will to live. She keeps me going. I'll Pray for you too Dakota
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2010