IUD...concerned

i have two little ones after i had my DD which was almost 9 months ago i had the IUD put in the past two wks i have been having off and on cramping but no period i called my md and she said take a test and also feel for the string i took a test today it said neg and also i cant feel my string, i was reading up on becoming pregg on the IUD and they say it could give you a false reading. i am going to go make a doctor appt but has anyone gone through something like this with the IUD ? and if so any advise

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 12:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The string could be wrapped around your cervix (mine did that too). Having on and off cramping is NORMAL. I ALWAYS cramped after I had the IUD put in. As for the no-period...if you have Mirena, that's probably why. I had Mirena one, put in while I was on my period, and it completely STOPPED my period (I was on day 2). Never had a period again after that, and shortly thereafter had it removed because of that (I'm weird, I hate AF, but it's a comfort to have it)
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 23, 2010