depression after having a baby... no one to talk to.

4 of my family members my mom, grandma, dad, and hubby said they would help out when i got home with baby especialy cuz i was only staying at the hospital for 24 hours because i have no one to watch my two year old. I was home all day by my self, crying. my mom came by 20 min (mind you she took the week off to help out) Hubby worked from 6am-8pm and had to do paperwork in the office when he got home. I have no friends SAHM, no family that cares. Im home all day alone and it just sucks i have hit rock bottom. I have fears of my children being takn away by anyone (when i find time i will get help) I dont want to tell anyone that im depressed cuz they dont care and that hurts even more. My dr will tell me to see a shrink but again im affraid my kids will be taken away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Health

• Tell your Mom and husband you absolutely must get a break. Hire help. If your husband can find time to work out, he can swap a few days to watch the kids while you take a 2 hour break. Right now, your health is more important. Men really almost never get this pregnancy thing. Your anxiety over the kids is somewhat normal. Are you sleeping? That is key. Also, are you doing any kind of routine where you get fresh air? Some kind of walk? Staying in the house all day is bad. Even if you walk one block one way and back. Aim for that for a week and then next week, try for two blocks. You are not alone, many of us have been through this. Just hang in there but come clean about your desperate need for help at the very least to your husband. People may not realize how much you need the help if you don't ask. It'll be okay.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My son was two and a half years old when my daughter was born in December and for the first couple of months I was depressed on and off. My ex never was helpful or supportive, and besides my mom no one really helps me out, except for my dad, who comes to pick my son up once in a while. I felt like a horrible mother because I could not keep the house clean or spend as much time with my son. I felt like I was going crazy, there were days when it felt like I did nothing but nurse my daughter sitting on the couch looking like crap, could not even take a shower. You need to demand that your man take over for a while so you can have a break! It is a lot of work being pregnant, giving birth, and that is the easy part! I know exactly what you are going thru, feeling like these are normal, they just aren't talked about enough. Hang in there, it gets better! You will be amazed at how much better you feel after a nap or time to yourself.
    lilystar

Answer by lilystar at 1:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think that this happens more often than ppl like to admit..i know that it happened to me after i had my daughter (#2) and i didn't even realize it until much later..i wouldn't do anything..cooking,cleaning,even taking care of myself was a strain..i am not that type of person and i don't even know how i lived that way..but i do feel that it was bc i am a SAHM and had no help i also have no family and my husband works 70 hr weeks..i constantly stayed inside..and i only started to climb out of the depression when i started doing the "flylady system" (www.flylady.org).. I started getting up and getting myself dressed and staying on a routine with the house and then i forced myself to start walking around the park with the kids.. also take advantage of anytime you may be able to get out without the kids even if it is just for a walk. good luck! it is possible!
    Gabbyzmommy

Answer by Gabbyzmommy at 11:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2010