was I right to block them from my facebook page?

This is a strange situation. A girl, that i thought was a friend, texted me at work and asked me if I was on facebook and if I had my laptop with me at work. I said no...and then a few seconds later I got a text that she obviously meant for someone else,and it said "its safe for you to get on facebook, she doens't have her laptop with her" This pissed me off, that someone is keeping tabs of me on facebook, and also that she is assisting them in keeping tabs on me. So, i found out who it was and I blocked her and him. Was I right in getting pissed? I mean, why did he just delete me, if seeing me on facebook bothers him so much?
I dont' understand people! What do you think??
oh, when I asked her about it, she didn't apologize or anything.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 1:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol wow.....why was he keeping tabs on u?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• she sounds like a sneeky lying cunt and no one needs ppl like that in their lives
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I have no idea why he is keeping tabs on me, or why she was helping him. It pissed me off because she was all sweet and asking how i was doing, and how my night at work was doing..but she was really just trying to spy on me. As for him, I have no idea why he wanted me to be not on facebook. I had chatted with hima few times, but not very often, so I don't know what is going on. But, I certainly don't appreciate her deception and I dont' want to be friends with either one of them now.
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 2:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Who is he and what is he to you? I think I have missed something here....I'm a tad sleep deprived so anything is possible!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Did you like IM the person every time he came on Facebook or something? Honestly, that seems to be the only reason why he was afraid to come online.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• MAYBE it was due to the chat because the chat can really screw things up when you're trying to do other things online. I know if I'm typing on CM or another parenting forum and someone sends me an IM on Facebook, that can cause issues. So maybe it's something lame like that. Probably for the best that you blocked them though because you don't know for sure what it's all about. It could also be he's trying to hack into your account. That has happened to people too. My younger sister had her computer hacked into including her facebook account and had to delete her account and start all over with a new one.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 5:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• What can a hacker do when they hack into your facebook account?
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 5:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Answered at 5:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 by:

* Honda309

Honda...
    What can a hacker do when they hack into your facebook account?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They can mess up your profile. Send your friend messages and comments.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• You are absolutely right to block anyone from your FB page. It is important to set all settings to "Private" or "Friends Only." Also, don't post anything you don't want anyone to know. A friend of mine who works for the government said, "Facebook is NOT completely protected or completely private." I have an awkward situation here as well - also, I get people I don't know, asking to be my FB friends, I just ignore it.

Remember, you are in charge of your life. your information.
    waterandair

Answer by waterandair at 7:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• You are right for blocking them. I do not blame you at all. I blocked my sister in law from my facebook account my hubby account and my kids accounts. Becasue she is a drama queen whore
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2010