Did you know you will have to notify the government when you change jobs?

New healthcare bill pg 143.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, and if you don't you can be fined 25,000 dollars see page 285.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• http://docs.house.gov/rules/hr4872/111_hr3590_engrossed.pdf
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Don't we already have to now. Or do we not pay taxes?
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• The difference is that they will get to decide if they will insure you. If they don't approve of the change, they will charge you more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• And there goes one of Pelosi's talking points. She said that one of the reasons we needed this reform sooooo desperately was so that working parents would NOT be job-locked.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I don't read it the same way you do. But I have no problem with it. I have NO illusions about privacy. There isn't any such thing in a world with more than one person in it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• You already have to inform the government when you changed jobs for tax purposes... I'm really not getting the point of complaining about that...
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 4:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If you're on any kind of government assistance you have to do this. Nothing new there. Also, any change in income needs to be reported too. Pretty standard when you're getting government assistance.

I'm not going to worry about this, I'll be honest. It's four years from really fully going into effect and since I had gotten pregnant with my daughter, we've been eligible for Badger Care (Wisconsin's medical assistance) so I've already been on a government health plan. At this point, with all of my pre-existing conditions, I would never be eligible for regular insurance anyway. I'm in South Korea right now and I'm busting my butt to get back because I'm 23 weeks pregnant and STILL not insured! I'm supposed to be on the national insurance here but the school is taking their sweet butt time getting my daughter and I on there and I've had enough. DH has been trying to get us on there for almost three months now.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 5:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• No Fuznet, unless you are already on Medicaid you have to report any change in something like 10 days. If you are not on government assistance now, and you quit your job, you don't have to call anyone up to report it. Yes, the next April you will have to file taxes, but if you quit your job in May- that gives you 11 months to file the paper work on your income. That isn't the same thing as having a 7 or 10 day limit to call and "report" that you have changed jobs. (which is how Medicaid is right now)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• that should have said... unless you are already on Medicaid you *don’t* have to report any change (within 10 days or so of the change)

when you are on a Government plan and you don't report within the limited time frame, you get in trouble (lapse in coverage, possible fines)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2010