Maybe advice or maybe just know im if i am alone in this

SO I know on here everyone says they are so perfect, but I know im not and I know my kids have some issues, now they are gonna be 3 and 4 and I am trying to get them out of diapers and its just not working well, my 3(gonna be 4) year old is mostly trainned, but I am trying to come up with something that works better then what I have been doing, something that makes him want too, same thing with picking up his toys, and lissing and following rules ect, some sorta of reward for good behavior, i would like to focuse more on the good then the things they do wrong.. am i alone in feeling like i am to set on the bad stuff that they do.. or some advice on how to focus more on the good..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You are so not alone and if one person thinks that they are perfect or near perfect... they are either delusional or trying to make themselves to be better than what they really are. :) Being a parent is SO hard, every day we find new struggles and more than often we have to juggle different issues at one time. Yes, I do some times see a lot of the wrong that they are doing. I have to constantly remind myself the age of my children and the learning capabilities that they have. But we get through it and in the end of the day we love them and our lives with our children all the more for all the hard work we put in. I am sure you are a great mommie. :)
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 2:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I guess being 8 months pregnant I am now more then ever short with them and having a hard time looking at the good things they do, I want to give attention to the positive things.. more then negative.. just seems hard to do..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Haha, I know how yo feel with the ages, mine were 4 and just turned 3 when they potty trained, and I remember ok.. will this ever end how on earth do you get them to do it? We Got them pretty panties they got one chocolate chip for pee pee one for poo poo if they went both they got 2. sometimes I gave a sticker With that thet they could put on their chart. As they looked more ready and motivated I stopped using the diapers around the house, we had a few accidents but I didn't stress them I explained they had to "help clean Up" (the final rinse with a wipe after the bulk was cleaned), and they got hosed off in the shower, all very calmly & I did explain why they had to be cleaned. When they got better at day time potty we tried out of the house with out a diaper, then nap & bed time.. then woohoo my 2 oldest were done, saving $40-60/mo in diapers. It took a while, but if you keep up with it and remind them hapily it should work
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 4:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Sticker charts work wonders!
    terpmama

Answer by terpmama at 1:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010