at what age did you start giving juice?

did you water it down? And how often like once a day? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i gave my son juice starting at 10 months old only because he started eating snacks and things like that becuase he had 6 teeth by that time. The gerber apple juice i did not water down, because it doesn't have as much sugar, however juicy juice i do water down for him otherwise it seems at meal time the only thing he will do is drink the juice he's now a year old. Good luck hope this helped.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I was told I could give my babies juice when they were 3 months but I was told to water it down ,some half water and half juice.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Juice is pure sugar, you can skip it and stick to water as long as possible.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I didn't give it until my DD was a year old. I gave only 100% juice with no sugar added and didn't water it down at that age. My pediatrician doen't recommend juice at all and especially not before a year old. Juice is not necessary for babies. And in response to incarnita's answer, my pediatrician says nothing but formula or breast milk to drink before 6 months old. Water and juice before 6 months is a big no no.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• DD is 9m/o and she's had juice maybe 3 or 4 times. She only gets it when we're outside playing at the park or I'm doing yard work while she plays in the grass. I give her 1oz of 100% juice with 4oz of water. At dinner (after she's nursed) she gets a sippy with water while she eats.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Never. Juice is all sugar and unnecessary to give to your child, even if you water it down. It should be a treat not something you give daily IMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• After a year, as a treat. Yes I watered it down. DD really likes OJ, she's 4, so she drinks it usually 2-3 times a day but I make sure she drinks other things too. I wouldn't start until at LEAST when you start solids, but even then, you can wait. It's never necessary.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I didn't give juice to my babies until after they turned one, and then I only gave it to them on rare occasions. Also, I give it to them watered down. About 2 ounces at a time. They is a lot of sugar in juice so I did't want to give them too much.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 10:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2010