would you expect your man NOT to cheat?

If you were married for 25 years and rarely gave your hubby sex until you had your kid and then for the next 18 years didn't give him any at all, knowing that he is very sexually charged. And telling him that he has a hand- take care of it himself. Would you really expect him to stay faithful if he didn't divorce you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• The poor man. I feel for him. He should be enjoying life to the fullest, that includes sex. You only live once. He should divorce her and then he won't have to cheat!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• ok are you the other woman or what? because men will tell the other woman crap like that and its a LIE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Frankly, no, I wouldn't - IF the situation was EXACTLY as you described. I say that because that isn't a true marriage, and I would have been the one to have broken the marriage contract (I'm not saying that a woman should have sex on demand or anything like that, but to completely withhold sex from a marriage is wrong, imo.)

BUT - again, to be honest with you, I don't believe that if that was TRULY the situation, that a man who was willing to cheat to have sexual gratification wouldn't have just left long before that point.

I agree with the pp - there are a LOT of men who say stuff like that to a woman they want to screw around with, and a lot of women fall for it, either because they aren't smart enough to see it's a lie, or because they WANT to believe it, to justify the fact that they're sleeping with a married man.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I am one of the younger mom's on here however, I honestly don't believe that my husband would stay faithful to me if i didn't have sex with him for 18 years. I mean a close relationship is great, and unless there is something from preventing you from pleasing your partner, I think it is kinda cruel to tell him he has a hand and to do it himself. I myself have no sex drive what so ever nor am i able to achieve orgasm during sex however i still have sex with my husband because he enjoys it, and our relationship is great, but i just can't picture him not going else where if there wasn't a good reason for not being able to have sex.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• actually, No I am neither. The man in question is my Dad and the woman in question is my Stepmom. I don't think that SHE would lie about something like that to me. She seriously told me that after she got her daughter (my sister) she was done and didn't feel like she needed to have sex with him anymore BUT that he should be faithful to her.
    I asked- well how long does he go without? She said, well, your sis is 18... so 18 years.
    OMG
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I feel sorry for your Dad. Unless there's a health reason or something along those lines, this is just not right.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Honestly..and I just told my husband this after reading this question...if I for some strange reason ever lost my sex drive (which is highly unlikely, but let's just say I do) he has my permission to find another woman just to relieve himself. Because to me, sex is just sex and as long as he doesn't have any emotional attachment to the girl he screws to relieve himself, I'll be okay with that. But that is strictly only if I no longer have the desire to have sex. But you're all my witness on this in case I do. ;)
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• sex = longer life span
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Yes I would expect my DH to stay faithfull. It does not matter what the reason we could or did not have sex. If he want to mess around he needs to divorce me.

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Yes, I would expect him to be faithful. Our relationship is about much more than sex. With that said, I would not withhold it from him like that, though. The only reason I wouldn't have sex with him is if there is a medical reason that one or both of us couldn't/shouldn't have sex. And if one of us couldn't have sex for medical reasons, again, our relationship is more than sex. The sex is nice, but if we could never have it again, we'd still be ok. What your stepmom is doing is horrible. But still, vows are vows and if your dad can't deal, then he should divorce her instead of cheating. If he's stuck around this long without cheating, then apparently he's happy.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2010