What is the best brand of prenatal vitamin?

ChristianMamaO3

Asked by ChristianMamaO3 at 3:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it varies. When I went in for my first appointment they gave me 5 or 6 samples. I started taking them and then noticed I was pooping a little more often than normal. Turns out all but one had a stool softener. So I chose the one without it. Pregnancy is known to cause constipation, so I would imagine if you're having that problem, you'd probably want one with the stool softener.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Flinstones with Iron, if you take 2 a day you'll get all the recommended vitamins. I had hell with regular prenatals and my ob said not to worry these won't make me vomit and are just as effective.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i take rainbow light once a day prenatal vitamins. they also have a kind where you take like 6 a day and those are probably better but of course cost a lot more. i like rainbow light because they are whole food based. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i get them at target btw but you can also buy them online and i think at walmart :) at target it's $10 for 50 pills. (last time i went they were on sale for $7 though so i bought 3 bottles)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2010