my newborn

she's 3 weeks old and has been having green boogers and lots of snot that is making her stuffy....no fevers, no coughing, some sneezing....cause for concern? what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get her to the doctor. Even a small cold can sometimes impair a baby's breathing. I'm not trying to scare you but it could cause worse breathing problems and her immune system may not be strong enough to fight it yet. Call and make her an appointment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• is her breathing okay, she's not congested and her breathing real deep, is it? Only because if she is get her to the doctors quick, because my daughter was born with congestion and 3 weeks later when I took her to see her pediatician he tlod me to rush her to the hospital to ER . And when I got her there they told me I got her there inm the nick of time.my daughter didn;t have the green boogies, she was just congested and wasn't breathihn right. now Shes fine and a teen of course.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My baby has the same thing going on now. It started just before his 1 month well baby check so he was looked at but only has a cold. He had giant green boogies and she just told me saline spray if necessary, suction, suction, suction and humidify the room. If it seems like your baby is just not breathing right or you can't clear out the nose, go ahead and been seen by the doc. Better safe than sorry!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My son's doctor's would say no, but if you feel like you need to take your baby in then do it. My doctor's already know that if my little man isn't feeling well I'm bringing him in. My doctor's told me to give him "Little noses saline drops" then after his snot becomes a bit more runny to use the bulb, ( I call it the brain sucker, I hate the thing) to suck out the snot. Do this before they eat, and throughout the day when needed. They also gave me an inhaler for him because it started to get into his chest. The poor guy was sleeping but not comfortably, now he's doing much better. I still watch him like a hawk and hardly get any sleep because I'm too busy watching him and listening to see if he's breathing ok. That young they don't understand that they can breathe through there mouth as well, so it makes me nervous. I would rather be safe than sorry though so I take him into the doctor if I feel he would benefit.

jdub1025

Answer by jdub1025 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2010