I need unique baby shower ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• Well, I threw my own baby shower and this is what I did: I bought a bunch of white infant clothing items and vat-dyed some of them in various bright solid colors and left some white. When the guests came, they got to hand-paint or tie-dye clothing for the impending baby. We also had a pinata in the shape of a pregnant woman filled with candy and little girly gifty things (like lip gloss and solid perfume) to whack, which was both hilarious and fun. Lost of creativity got spread around that day, and the kid ended up with a dynamite wardrobe for his first few months of life.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• A couples baby shower! You can hold races to see which dad changes a diaper quicker, etc. It's a fun way to get the dad-to-be involved, he's usually overlooked. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Games:
    -Make a mix CD of songs that have baby in the title or song, and play them. Have guests guess what the title is, and the person with the most right gets a prize.
    -Get a picture from each guest as a baby, pin them up with numbers under each one, and have everyone guess who is who, it's a fun way to get everyone to know each other too.
    -Pass out note cards, and have each guest write down a question a new mom would ask. Like for example, How do I position my baby at bedtime? or How do I take my baby's temperature properly? And them have them flip them over and pass them to the left. Then have the wrte the answer to their original question on the back of that card. So it would come out like Q: How do I position my baby at bedtime? A: Insert the thermometer about an inch into baby's bottom and watch the mercury climb.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Invitations:
    -Print out all the showe rinfo on small peices of paper, and put them into small diapers. Close them with pins, or a staple, and mail them just like that.
    -Buy some earring boxes, and print out a long invitation, fold it accordian style /\/\/\/\/\/ and put it in the box along with some baby themed confetti.
    Food:
    -Salads are always good. If you have the money you could order Lasagna and breadsticks too. It really depends on the time of day the shower is too.
    -You can do just simple finger foods, like cheese & crackers, sandwiches, fruit & veggie trays. cookies, cupcakes. Anything you can eat without the benefit of using silverware, lol,
    -Another option is crock pot meals. You can have people pitch in too. Anything from chili, to Swedish meatballs, to macaroni and cheese, to baked beans, to broccoli and cheese soup, to everything in between.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Favors: (if you're having them)
    -There's tons of neat shower favors online.
    -You could make cookies, and spell the baby's name in the icing.
    -go with the theme too, if it's a disney character's theme, buy small stuffed animals of the character, or something related.
    -Or you could get something small from your local dollar store, (like I did for my shower), we had little plastic rattles. They have a few options too.

Well hope all this helped :) I love planning parties, and stuff. I try to help with as many as I can. Hope you have fun with it all! Need any help or ideas with anything certain just let me know!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2010