Has your teenager ever stolen your credit card?

14 year old did the exact thing. I am heartbroken. Not just for the pornsite he purchased but for the fact he stole my credit card. I took the computer from him and deleted his profile and password protected it. He is ashamed and embarrassed and knows that I am hurt. He has never done this before. What else should I do to him?

Asked by kscmbz at 7:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Let it go! He knows he's screwed up and now he knows you know...ugh!
    Boys are at that stage and it is so available. I remember having to look in the underwear ads in sears catalog... OMG times have changed. He may need a extra talk about porno becoming addictive, it is not a realistic introduction to teen puberty and he may need to hear this. Good luck, moniter his computer time, i did with mine.

Answer by rosetoes at 6:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• make him pay you back the money. It can be chores around the house or have him get a job or do things to earn mow the neighbors yard.

Answer by SAHMinIL at 7:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Keep your credit card on you at ALL times. If he'd steal it for porn at home, what's to stop him taking it to a friends house with a computer? DONT give the computer back to him. Tell his friends Mom's he is NOT allowed to use their computer's either. If he goes to the library then tell the library he is not allowed on their computers either. Though I doubt he could get porn on a public library computer.

Answer by vbruno at 7:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My daughter is allergic to casein that is in milk, but I know we buy the tofutti foods. They have ice cream and cheeses, she does well with those. They are made out of Tofu, so should be safe for yours too. See if your local store sells it. Good luck.

Answer by TJKUHN76 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• At 14 porn and masterbation are pretty typical urges. The stolen card, however, is not. I agree set up a repayment plan. I would also have a private , calm discussion with him regarding trust. Explain to him once it is broken it takes a long time to earn back. I had a similiar trust issue with one son. I literally refused to leave him alone in the house for 6 months. If I ran to the market for 5 mins, I made him come too. He was allowed Home, school and church a very long time. 2 months if I remember correctly. Set the rules, make his parameters clear and stick to your guns.

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Pay the credit card bill.....either in cash or chores.

Answer by ToldUNo at 1:01 PM on Jun. 29, 2008