Why would someone be anti-military?

I have seen many examples on cafemom lately of people being outright anti-military, not just anti-war, and I guess I just do not understand why someone would be this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Vero are you basing this on YOUR opinion and YOUR experiences? Or do you have facts?

Officer academic education
    -- 53 percent of the officers have advanced or professional degrees
    -- 42.5 percent have master's degrees, 9.5 percent have professional degrees and 1.4 percent have doctorate degrees
    -- 28.1 percent of company grade officers have advanced degrees, 21 percent have master's degrees, 6.9 percent have professional degrees and 0.3 percent have doctorate degrees
    -- 86.8 percent of field grade officers have advanced degrees, 70.7 percent have master's degrees, 13.1 percent have professional degrees and 3 percent have doctorate degrees
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Neither do I however by the US Constitution they have the right to voice it. That is their choice. I am a former military brat, wife and now a Mom of children in the military. If you dont know something, then how can you voice what you dont know. They dont know the suffering of the families who's family member is in the military. Nor having to make do. Nor can they adapt in a new enviroment. Let alone realize people are human and have things that are so similar to them. Until they do experience all that and more first hand, then dont judge lest you be judged. The military isnt for everyone but those rare and few who do choose it realize what is more important in the long end. Mind you this is my opinion but I will defend it and those who are in the military.
    Have a great day!:)
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 8:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• They're not very bright and think the world really could be all unicorns and hash pipes if everyone just loved each other. In the old days that was called "being slow" but it's not very PC to call them that now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Because they don't realize that there are real threats to our country and safety out there. We have brought up several generations of children teaching them to placate bullies and everything will be OK. They don't know there are actual crazy rulers out there who want to destroy us.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I'd say it's a general lack of understanding on MANY different points, both in history and in present day. Often, people like that have no desire to be informed, either.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:31 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Because as a general group they're the most disrespectful, filthy, vile, people this country has to offer. which wouldn't be true if they didn't portray the image of being just the opposite. They have no respect for themselves, they pick terrible wives, they abuse their families and are the degenerates of society. There are few and far between that have any sense what so ever and are generally people I wouldn't want to associate with. There's a reason that all around every military base is a ghetto, because the people that are associated with those bases live around them and trash it. Their behavior appalls me. I understand their job, I'm grateful for what they do. I know that our country wouldn't be the same without them but our leaders are leading into the shitter anyway. Don't be misled I'm very educated in history and current events, but I deal with these people on a daily basis and their behavior embarrasses me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If this were true: but I deal with these people on a daily basis

then you would not have said, well, anything that you said.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Anon :42 - that is OFFICIALLY the most ridiculous set of generalizations I have EVER seen or heard.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Whaaat? Our military is whaaaat? What a terrible thing to say! Yes, there are some in our military that fit ANON description, but then there are many civilians that also fit it. To say our military is the sum of the bad apples is to say the same of all of us. I think that serving is noble and anyone that chooses that life for themselves and their family will in fact better themselves- if those people ANON describes stay in their 4 years and beyond- I bet they come out a much better person. Yes, some seek refuge in the military from their bad choices-but thats the beautiful thing-the military can make a citizen out of (almost) anyone. Their success rate for not only defending us but producing real citizens speak for itself!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Anon:42. WOW! If you hate our military so much, please go fight in their place. Why don't YOU keep our country safe so they won't have to? If you actually did know anybody in the military, you would know they are the real MEN of our country, the husbands, sons and fathers that defend the freedoms we enjoy. YOU go fight the bugs, the weather and the bullets so THEY can sleep at home safe in their beds at night and then disrespect you for doing it.
    My military son is my HERO!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2010