Did you hear about the latest vaccin recall?

They are pulling another Rotovirus vaccine from the market.
http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm205585.htm

FAQ about recalled vaccines:
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/recalls/recalls-faqs.htm

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 8:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• There are no such thing as "forced vaccines".

Yes they are. Try to place your child in daycare or school if you don't vaccinate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• this makes me glad that my oldest didn't get the original one since I had been postponing vaccines until I was forced to inoculate her (that one caused intestinal blocakages and deaths!) I'm not sure if my older two got this one when they started school, but it makes my stomach turn to know that next fall my youngest will be subjected to this kind of chemical assult in order for him to attend Kindergarten. It is scary!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Rotavirus vaccine it is not mandated. I think that is giving only to high risk children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Thanks anon 8:48! I wasn't sure if this was one of the forced vaccines, but I'm glad to hear that is not!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It is not given only to high risk children. It is given at the 2, 4, and 6 month check ups.
    When did this story come out? I work in a peds office, I want to prepare myself for the bombard of phone calls and questions that will surely happen.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I was given the link this morning. I think it came out yesterday (the 22nd)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I'm glad because it took longer than 2 months to get my son in for his first appointment and I showed them the CDC guidelines that it is not to be started on children over a certain age. The nurse shrugged it off and I still refused it. My kids are all fully vaccinated but the Rotavirus one was just too new for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2010