Bowel movement problems

My daughter is 19 months old and has never has a solid bowel movement. It's always a little runny. First off how can I make her poo more solid. She drinks apple juice so I was thinking of switching her juice. Also she wont eat meat so I was thinking that could be a problem too. Also I want to start potty training her when she's two but I'm not sure if I should wait until she's more solid.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son has the opposite problem. He has such bad constipation since he was born. We can't give him much cheese/dairy ( which he's allergic to anyway ) and banana's used to stop him up.. pasta's bread's heavier foods like that.? good luck.. on either side its hard to handle .. I know I can't potty train and he's 2-1/2 cause somedays it takes him ALL day to have 1 small sized BM.. and that's with him working at it like 10 different times
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• cutting the apple juice is a good idea because there is no fiber in the juice...it is a ton of sugar. i wouldn't force meat...maybe she doesn't like it, and maybe it is not good for her. encourage veggies and fruits, nuts and brown rice.
    i would rather my child have softer poo than harder poo..seems like it would be easier on her system:)
    look for potty training readiness signs, rather than a certain age.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2010