name help!!

We had planned on using the name Felicity Cadence for our little girl coming soon. Recently my mom is saying that I need to be careful about naming a child that since she may not like the name Felicity as an adult. What do you think? Do you like or dislike it? Should we go with Cadence as a 1st name. Hoping some of you women can give me some insight!
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think Felicity is just fine. If your child doesnt like it then she doesnt like it. A lot of people dont like their names. I named my daughter Eisley. She will probably hate me for it when shes older but I'm the parent and thats what I chose for her. My whole family was trying to disuade me from naming her that. If she has problems with her name then you can always give her a nickname or she can go by her middle name. If thats what you feel like u should name her then go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Cadence is getting a little too popular for me. I don't see anything wrong with Felicity. There is no way to know if she'll like it or not. I think if it were my name I'd like it just fine.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It's a nice name. I'm not sure why your mom thinks she wouldn't like it as an adult, but you run that risk with any name if your child is bothered by a name that is too common, too unique, too girly, to masculine, too many letters, too hard to pronounce, or too fill in the balnk; no name will please everyone. I think once you start using a name it fits, and after a while you can't imagine that child with any other name. If she doesn't love it she can go by her middle name or a nick-name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I love the name Felicity, I think it is beautiful.
    Don't listen to your mom, every kid goes through a stage where they want a different name, but eventually they grow out of it. If it is the name you chose, don't listen to anyone else, you chose it for a reason. :)
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i like it and i think it's good for a girl and for a woman. =)

personally i like names that have nicknames which i don't really know what one would be for felicity but that doesn't make it a bad name, that's just something i think about when I choose a name
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Felicity reminds me of strength and beauty....I picture long flowing hair on a little girl....when I think of that name......I named my best friends daughter Trininty Siprean...14 yrs later she still loves her name and people always ask about it.they love odd names...all 5 of my kids have VERY unique names and people have always asked aboyt when they they are heard.....GOOD LUCK MOMMA
    plentyokids

Answer by plentyokids at 10:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I dont see how your mom can know if your child will like the name or not! I think what the problem here really is, mom doesnt like the name & wont tell you so she did it in a round-about way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think it's adorable. My best friend growing up was named Felicity and her nick-name was Lissy. She liked her name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2010