Best bottles to prevent colic and gas?

What do you think are the best bottles for preventing colic, gas and stomach problems? I had a really hard time with our first born and colic. I wonder now if it was his bottles rather then the formula. We are expecting again and dont want to go through another 3 month crying spell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I remember buying every type of bottle from the most explensive to the cheapest. We ended up using the platex nurser type with the bag liner. I don't really think it helped though. Our little guy was so colicy <----- is that even a word? LOL We also went to colic websites and bought all the swaddle wraps and other items, nothing helped.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think the playtex with the bag liners are the best.....you push the air out of the bottle! JMO
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I personally like Dr. Browns. They are a pain to put together the first few time until you get use to them because they have 2 more parts than just the nipple, ring and the bottle. My son was VERY gassy and cried alot when he was first born and once we changed his bottles, he seemed so much better. But they also have a new formula ( at least they didnt have it 2 years ago when i had my daughter), but is smiliac alimentum and its hypoallergenic. My son is also on this and is doing great with it. Good luck!
    Madilynsmommy27

Answer by Madilynsmommy27 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Dr. Browns cleaning is a pain but they are worth it
    sarah969

Answer by sarah969 at 1:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• my DD has some gastrointestinal problem and the Dr Brown bottles were wonderful for her
    reava

Answer by reava at 2:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• my son had very bad gas problems when he was younger & we used the playtex ventairs and they did really good! Hes now 10mo old and they have still been doing great, but i dont know if the valves are warped from using them so much but they seemed to start leaking! I couldnt even leave any milk in them or they would leak out. So we recently switched to dr browns. and i LOVE them! i will definatly keep them for the next baby!
    EthansMommy5

Answer by EthansMommy5 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• johnsn and johnson bottles are awsome there dropins are freaking amazzing
    Aimee91

Answer by Aimee91 at 3:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I found the best ones for my babies were the Vent-Air(e) sold at Wal-Mart.
    mabelsbabygirl

Answer by mabelsbabygirl at 4:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• when I switched from Advent to Dr. Browns, my son started doing much much better
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 5:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• We use the playtex drop-ins with the liners. For some reason the 10oz bottles work better than the 5oz. You push the air out... theyre amazing. For the first 5 weeks we had to give my dd gas drops daily for her tummy aches. Even changed formulas. Hasnt had it since we changed the bottles though.
    Jessica_Esqueda

Answer by Jessica_Esqueda at 5:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2010