Are period like cramps normal at 39 weeks??

SO I have been experiencing these period like cramps.. I know they are not contractions because they are non stop just like if my period is on. This has started like Sat night. I went to the doc yesterday and told her but she acted like it was normal. I just wonder has anyone else had cramps that are non stop... Although the doctor says its fine it still kind of worries me.

MommyReRe3

Asked by MommyReRe3 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• pretty common to my understanding. Good luck to you!! Labor may be coming real soon!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:08 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• the night before my son was born i felt crampy all night, i would say it was period-like crampiness. then i went into labor the next morning. i think it's really normal in the end of pregnancy. i don't think it necessarily means that you will go into labor soon, still could be a couple more weeks, but maybe just getting your body ready, & driving you crazy! good luck :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Sounds like the beginning of labor. Contractions feel just like cramps.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:10 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Yes beginning labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• beginning of labor for sure but when that starts no one knows but be ready, if those get worse go in and see whats going on, all labors are different. good luck
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 10:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• get ready.your body is preparung your uterus to contract and your palcenta is being moved around a lil more.mommie...there is almost no more room in there.:) Your cramps are a great sign that your body is reacting to the onset of labor.if you havent lost your mucus plug.start lookin :) CNA TO AN OB/GYN.

GOOD LUCK, REMEMBER TO BREATH.......................HUGZ TO U.....

MORGAN ........my sweet angel.......Ebsteins anomoly of the heart. 03/15/95-----03/21/95 always my guradian angel <3..always
    plentyokids

Answer by plentyokids at 10:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• wow.pleeeeze 4give my misspallings.my 2 yr old was on my lap and i hit sent b4 re-reading.LOL...oh the joy of a child smacking the keys..... :)
    plentyokids

Answer by plentyokids at 10:19 AM on Mar. 23, 2010