Can you only use electric breast pumps with the same make bottles?

I have Avent bottles, so do I have to buy an Avent electric pump? Or could I use a Madela pump with the Avent bottles?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some pumps allow you to use any bottle, but if the one you want doesn't, just pump into the bottle that comes with the pump, and pour it into the bottles you use.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think you can use them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• you can buy an adaptor to use the medela pump into avent bottles... best $12 I ever spent
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• The Medela pump and Avent bottles have very different size mouths so the bottles won't screw onto the pump. But after I filled up all my Medela bottles, I would pump into a Lansinoh (or any other brand) breast milk storage bag that was taped onto my pump and that worked just fine. I LOVED my Medela Pump-in-Style and bottles :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• great question! i had a lansinoh pump and no other bottles that i know of fit their pump so i was always transferring into other bottles and doing twice the washing :P
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2010