Has anyone's employer let them work from home after having a baby?

I am 25 weeks, and work in a two person office. My supervisor quit and will be leaving in about two weeks, and I will be taking over her job. Part of the postition includes going to hearings, etc. one day a week, which I will be required to do, the rest of the work I can pretty much all do from home. I will just have to go in twice a week to pick up and drop off work. My question is, if you worked from home with a brand new baby, how well did that work for you? I'm worried about getting everything done with a new baby. (I also have a 3 y.o)

Any suggestions?
(Oh also my DH will be taking care of the kids while I go in the one day a week. I am some what worried about going in so soon after having a baby, though. I will have to go in within a week of having her for about one hour).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• my sis in law worked at a medical office and they let her work from home ..they gave her the computer info and everything so she could do the billing there..
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 11:00 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Right. I work for a government office and almost everything I do is computer work. I have a laptop I will take home and can do my work from there. I'm just scared that I won't get it done having a new baby..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• just take one day at a time and set aside certain times when you can work.. or get help from someone for a few hours a day just to sit with you just incase the baby wakes up or something. plus the first week you are going to be tired so just take what you can..
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 11:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My husband and I worked for a company that lets people work at home, is called ACS you can find them on this HUGE list of at home employers, REAL JOBS.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Write a proposal to present to management. Include efficiencies that this will bring, your planned work schedule, your availability for phone calls, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2010