My 3yr old and 1yr old... All they do is fight!!

Im going to go crazy!! all my two bundles of joy do is fight all day about toys and sharing. They always take things from eachother no matter what it is. They dont hit or bite or anything, just push each other. When i try doing things with both of them, like coloring, they fight over crayons or what coloring page they want. Drives me crazy, like im more of a reff then a mother to them. Advice? Anything you can think of that they.could do together and not fight over?

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 11:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• me and my sister were 2 years apart and we were like that until we were teens. :( good luck mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• LOL ahh I remember those days with my boys, and now my youngest and my middle child are doing it lol. Time is what it takes and reminding them they need to learn to work together. At 3 and 1 it is harder for them to grasp but just keep reinforcing the message that we love each other and that we need to share, make them hug when they fight and are making up. My boys truly love each other but went through a small period where everything was a war. Now they know how to work things out. My younger son is now at odds with my daughter she loves him and he swears he hates her but i know its not true i see how he acts with her. I just keep making them work it out between them. Until yours are older make sure you play sharing games, and hugging games it will help them understand. It does get better as they get older if you stay on top of it and keep encouraging them to work it out.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I have a 3yr old and a 1yr old both girls and it doesn't matter what they have it can be the exact same thing same color and everything and they still fight!! I think our job as mothers is to also be reffs lol!! I think as they get older it will get somewhat better! Hth
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• mine are teenagers and can't be in the same room for more than 30 seconds without fighting most of the time...
    good luck- hang in there!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My kids are 5 and 3, and yes, I'd say that since my son started walking at about 10 months is when they moved into their love-hate relationship...you know, once he could get up and take his big sister's toys. My children can even fight over a toy they see on tv, one they DON'T EVEN OWN. Its absurd. The fighting makes me NUTS. Its the one thing I have just about no patience for because its so ridiculous. The only thing keeping my sanity is that although they fight about 100 times a day, when they get along its the greatest. As they get older and communicate better it seems the times they play nice grow longer and longer....the fighting hasn't really subsided at all though, unfortunately, lol.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2010