how can someone not believe in violence ?

I mean to say that is ...odd.........Not many people want violence, but still have to believe in it because it is something that happens everyday

please explain to me.

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Personally, when I say I don't believe in violence, I mean I don't think violence is ever the answer. Obviously, it exists, but I just happen to think it's never justified. It's like saying I don't believe in drinking. People drink, but I don't. It doesn't mean I don't think it exists.

Answer by Anouck at 11:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I don't believe acting out in violence is an appropriate solution to a problem. Therefore, you could say, that I don’t believe in violence.

Its not like I am saying, I don't believe in violence like I don't believe in the Easter bunny. I know violence is very real.

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• English needs a second word to more clearly delineate the two meanings of "believe"

Answer by autodidact at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I really think violence needs to be defined. Is smacking a childs hand violence? I don't think of it as violent while some do.