horrible athletes foot... how do u get rid of it?

My husband had really bad athelets foot and (if this is possible) i believe he spread it to me. I've had it on and off for abour a year and it always comes back (of course his has been gone for a while now). Mine is so bad that i feel like I'm going to rip my toes off from clawing at it. It wakes me up in the night and everything. What is a good way to get rid of it for good? I've tried different creams and powder but nothing seems to work.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Health

• I would go to the doctor. It could be something else. My son had a bacterial infection of his feet. we thought it was athletes foot but it wasnt so that was why all the over the counter stuff would not make it go away. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Put on 50% tea tree oil/ 50% water solution morning and night until it goes away. :)
    Anonymous

• You might spread it back to your hubby! Dry your feet thoroughly before putting socks or stockings on. I agree with the tea tree oil solution.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 12:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Everyone needs to be usinf something or wearing socks in the house. The shower needs cleaned after each use. I like the lotromin spry. The trick is you have to use it for all 6 weeks or it WILL come back. keep feet dry as possible change socks and shoes during the day if needed.
    Anonymous

• Soak your feet in Epson salt and try using Lotrimin GL
    Anonymous

• OP thanks everyone, hopefully it works. i'm going insane...
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• BLACK TEA. I know it's weird, but make a warm bowl of black tea, soak the feet for 15 minutes, dry, and put on antifungal treatment. Do it every day for 5 days. It works like a charm.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2010